Goals of the project:
Preservation of the forests in Kalvarayan Hill and in the foothill
Creation of knowledgeable human resources in the countryside that could be relied upon to safeguard forests and forest wealth
Objectives of the project
To produce Flashcards and Flip Charts on different aspects and issues related to forests and use them as discussion tools in education programs for community members both during individual contacts and in group discussions
- To organize one day group education program for the following groups of people in each of the 20 project villages:
- Cowherds and shepherds @ 10 persons per village (totally 200 persons)
- Wood cutters @ 10 per village (totally 200 persons)
- To organize half – day class wise (section wise) group education programs in the schools in each of the 20 project villages
- To organize one day leadership training programs for 80 leaders of self-help groups of women @ 4 leaders per village
- To organize half-day education programs for members of self-help groups in all 20 villages @ 20 members per program per village
Brief description about production of Flip Charts and Flash Cards:
Organization of a Brainstorming session with representatives of leaders of self-help groups, school teachers, staffs of the project and the committee members of RPDS – The purpose of the Brainstorming session is to explore ideas for the production of Flip Charts and Flash Cards for use in the training and education programs.
The topics for the Flip Charts and Flash Cards are as follows:
- Forests yesterday, today and tomorrow
- Multivarious uses of forests
- Interference of man with nature and forests
- Consequences of man’s action on forests and the impending dangers
- How best we can serve for the promotion, preservation and maintenance of forests and forest wealth?
A total of 5 different Flip Charts and Flash Cards will be produced. Under each heading a total of 50 Flip Charts and Flash Cards each will be produced making a total of 250 flash cards and 250 flip charts. Each Flip Charts and Flash Cards will contain a maximum of 15 to 20 pictures pertaining to the subject. 10 sets in each of the five subjects will be retained with the implementing organization for the use of the project staffs in the training and education programs. Of the remaining 50 Flip Charts and Flash Cards in each subject, 40 Flip Charts and Flash Cards will be distributed to the schools for the use of teachers in educating the children. 10 Flip Charts and Flash Cards in each subject will be circulated among the self-help groups.